1. Video dramatically increase conversion on your website
Bookings are 67% more likely to happen when a video tour is available.
- Internet shoppers who view your video are an astounding 89% more likely to book.
- In fact, site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% closer to purchase (Comscore)
2. They give your Google position a massive boost
Not only do video increase the conversion, they help get more traffic. Webpages containing video are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google, Forrester Research. 53 times! Think about how much more traffic that could generate to your website.
3. They help build and emotional connection with your audience in a way no other medium can
A well-done video enables hotel shoppers to actually immerse themselves in the scene. The emotional pull of a well-crafted video is key in converting the browser into a buyer. They also reassure potential guests. It's easy to create the illusion of a great hotel with a picture, it's much more difficult with a video.
4. They improve your social presences
There's a 135% increase in organic reach, on average, when you post a video instead of a photo (socialbakers). Video is now the most efficient way to reach and engage your audiences in Facebook. Pictures are the least effective way. Of course, the quality needs to be there. Leave the shaky, low-res videos to your guests and invest in polished, creative short videos.
Videos come in different shapes, forms and lengths, depending on the objectives. A 2 minutes video on your home page will have the goal to promote your hotel experience and get the visitors to book immediately. Videos on social media will tend to be more on the 'snackable' front. Quick, short, fast-paced videos that give an instant satisfaction to the user. Video viewing tend to drop after 15 seconds.
So in 2015, the real question is can you afford not to invest in video? As the production costs have reduced, video is now an affordable way for even small independent hotels to reach and convert more visitors.